It aims to do this ...
- Through the selection and acquisition of a mixture of relevant print and electronic resources and;
- Through the promotion of effective usage of these resources, those of Cambridge University Library Service and of related online resources worldwide.
In July 2015 we had nearly 25,000 books on the open shelves with:
- 19,565 volumes being in the "Open Shelf" borrowing category
- of which 13,162 volumes were classified within economics, and
- of which 6,403 volumes within the Development Studies section
- 5,326 volumes were labelled as "Short Loan" items
- of which 3,922 books were within 'economics', and
- of which 1,404 books within the Development Studies section.
In addition we have many more books in the Basement, Reserve, Rare Books and Archive section of the Library, plus working papers, journals, and pamphlets. The basement holds more than 50,000 items.