Renewing books ...
You may renew books in person at the Issue Desk, or online using MyLibraryAccount in iDiscover.
Open Shelf, Short Loan or Basement Books are due on the given day, at a time before the library closes on that day.
If you renew
between Mon-Fri: after 20:59 in term time, or after 16:59 in vacation time
on Saturdays: after 16:59, the book(s)
you are trying to renew is/are treated as overdue.
Please note that you will be unable to renew a book if...
- It is overdue
- the book has been requested by another borrower (they have put a hold or recall on the book).
- you have outstanding unpaid fines.
- If you have more than your allocated quota of books on your library account (e.g. more than 6 books for Economics Undergraduates and more than 5 books for members of the University not based at Economics)
- the book has reached its renewal limit (50x for Short Loan items, and 5x for Open Shelf & Basement items).
- it is the end of term recall of all Short Loan copies (at the end of Michaelmas & Lent Terms everyone has to return any outstanding books to the library before the commencement of vacation borrowing on the final Thursday of term)
- there is a power cut or other form of network failure.
You should always leave yourself with sufficient time to physically return books to the library if, for any reason, you are unsuccessful in your attempts to renew them online. Failure to do so will result in overdue charges.